G-Suite provides many online tools and resources for educators that will help them integrate technology into their classrooms and/or workplace. These online tools and resources support the work that educators currently do. It is important that educators pick the right tools for the learning objective, and know what resources are available and how to find them. By participating in online help forums, creating a network of peers, and joining Google Educator Groups educators can expand their personal learning network (PLN). This PLN provides an environment in which educators can reach out for the help and support they need.
To earn this 0.25 credit badge you will submit one type of evidence from the list below to demonstrate your competency in using G-Suite tools to support your professional growth and leadership. You will also complete a short written or video reflective analysis. Click Earn This Badge to learn more!
You will be charged $20 by the badge provider. You'll be charged at the point you submit your badge for final review.
Educators completing this badge are demonstrating their understanding of how to use various G-Suite resources for learning and networking purposes.
G-Suite: A suite of online tools designed to help increase opportunities for critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity while also supporting the learning objectives. G-Suite includes a number of Google products that promote collaboration, and tools that can be used to save time and increase student engagement.
Personal Learning Network (PLN): A personalized network of fellow educators and resources that are designed to make an individual a better teacher.
Google Education Groups (GEGs): Communities of learning professionals who learn, share, and inspire each other to meet the needs of their students through technology solutions. These communities are open to any educator.
Google for Education Directory: Allows educators to customize their search to find the right kind of expertise and support that they need. The Google for Education Directory searches for Certified Trainers, Certified Innovators, Reference Schools, and Education Partners.
Graphic organizers are a big part of Mrs. Clark’s class. She loves how students can create visual representations of the storyline of a book that they are reading. Mrs. Clark is looking for a way to make her graphic organizers digital, and she would like to share her graphic organizers with her students so they can make their own digital copies that they can complete. She is also looking for a way for her students to share their graphic organizers with the rest of the class with a written piece about the book. Once the graphic organizers are shared she would like the students to get creative and brainstorm what the story would be like if one of the points of the story arc was altered.
What Google resources are available for Mrs. Clark? Where can she go to find information about these resources, and even connect with other educators who may have experience or ideas to share?
Mr. Wagner is teaching his students about the states of matter. In a professional development workshop, he learned that he can collect videos in one place by creating a YouTube playlist. Mr. Wagner wants to use this skill to share a series of short YouTube videos with his students about the states of matter.
If Mr. Wagner doesn’t remember how to make a YouTube channel and/or playlist, what resources are available to him? Where can he go to find information about these resources, and even connect with other educators who may have experience or ideas to share?
Survey Results: Submit results from a survey of your Personal Learning Network (PLN). The survey responses should demonstrate your effective and consistent participation in and leadership of your PLN, including how you learn to and help others to select and use G Suite tools for instruction. The survey should be built and administered in Google Forms. Upload a shared link to the survey and its results.
Testimonial: Submit written or video testimonials from at least 2 colleagues in your Personal Learning Network (PLN) about your leadership and growth with G Suite tools. These testimonials should demonstrate both of the following:
- how you have learned from PLN members to select and incorporate G Suite tools to enhance your instruction.
- how you have supported others in your PLN in selecting and using G Suite tools to enhance their instruction.
Observation Results: Submit results from an administrator or colleague who has observed your participation in your Personal Learning Network (PLN). The results may be submitted as a written anecdotal record. These observation results should demonstrate your effective and consistent participation in learning from and leading your PLN to select and use the right G Suite tools in instruction.
Screencast: Submit a short (no more than 5 minute) narrated screencast of your participation in Google Educator Groups (GEG). Your screencast should demonstrate your active participation in the GEG, including both what you have learned from others and how you have helped others to select and incorporate G Suite tools.
Candidate's Choice: Submit another type of evidence demonstrating how your active participation in your Personal Learning Network supports you in selecting and using G-Suite tools.
1. The evidence submitted demonstrates that the educator uses G-Suite resources effectively to increase their own understanding of the various G-Suite tools, features, and applications in order to provide learning experiences in their classrooms to increase student engagement and achievement.
2. The evidence submitted demonstrates that the educator understands what G-Suite resources are available, how to access them, and how to connect with Google experts outside of their schools and district to continuously expand their G-Suite knowledge as well as their PLN.
3. The evidence submitted demonstrates that the educator uses G-Suite resources and Google experts to become a more efficient and effective educator.
Describe how you consistently use G-Suite and the online resources available to grow as an educator and leader.
Describe how you use G-Suite, its online resources, and Google experts to develop and add value to your PLN.
How do your students benefit from what you learn through your interactions with Google experts, your PLN, and the various G-Suite resources?
1. The reflection submitted demonstrates that the educator uses G-Suite resources effectively to increase their understanding of the various G-Suite tools, features, and applications in order to continually grow as an educator and leader.
2. The reflection submitted demonstrates that the educator understands what G-Suite resources are available, how to access them, and how to connect with Google experts outside of their schools and district to continuously expand their G-Suite knowledge as well as their PLN.
3. The reflection submitted demonstrates that the educator uses G-Suite resources and Google experts to become a more efficient and effective educator and transfer that knowledge in way that provides learning experiences in their classroom that increases student engagement and achievement.
Google for Education https://edudirectory.withgoogle.com/ This website is a resource that allows you to choose from over 4000 Google experts globally to help your school or district.
Google for Education - Teacher Center Fundamentals Training https://teachercenter.withgoogle.com/fundamentals/course This badge is designed to support the concepts learned in units 1 and 2 of the Google fundamentals training. The readings, videos, and activities provided in these two units are designed to help teachers understand how to use Google for Education as a resource for support and help, and an avenue to build their PLNs.