CONTENT: Alignment *(Choose One Statement)
· _____The content of this resource aligns with appropriate grade level Core standards, is current, well-researched, and referenced from reliable sources.
· _____The content of this resource aligns with most grade level core standards, but will need supplementary materials to insure coverage of all the objectives for this course.
· ___X__The content of this resource aligns with a few grade level core standards for a portion of the course.
·~_____The content of this resource does not align with standards and objectives for this course.
CONTENT: Scaffolding *(Choose One Statement)
· _____Scaffolding supports for these materials are complex and challenging, engage learners from various skill levels and provide assistance for all students to enhance conceptual understanding; and offer opportunities for students to share evidence and research.
· _____Scaffolding supports for these materials engage learners from various skill levels and provides assistance for students to enhance conceptual understanding.
· _____Scaffolding supports for these materials engage learners from various skill levels.
· ___X__Scaffolding supports for these materials do not engage learners from various skill levels or provide scaffolding to enhance conceptual understanding.
CONTENT: Navigation *(Choose One Statement)
· _____This resource contains directions that are clear and understandable and are easy to navigate through.
· _X____The instructions in this resource are unclear and navigation is difficult.
CONTENT: Narrative *
Language! Live by Voyager Sopris Learning is designed to help struggling learners close the gap between them and their peers. The curriculum is~divided into grade level bands. Level 1 is designed for 4th – 12th grade students. Level 2 is designed for 6th through 12th grade students.
This curriculum is designed to help students improve basic decoding, spelling, grammar, comprehension, vocabulary, and writing skills. This curriculum recommends that student learning time be divided between word training and text training. It is designed to work in conjunction with both teacher directed lessons and a personalized online learning component. In order for these resources to be effective students need to be in a classroom with a 1:1 or 1:2 student to computer ratio. This curriculum comes with both teacher guides and consumable student workbooks aligned with the lessons in the teacher’s~manual. The teacher manual contains detailed and in some cases scripted lesson directions for the direct instruction portion of this curriculum. This curriculum includes 3 benchmark assessments which assess students reading, fluency, and spelling. This program is not designed for the general education classroom, but instead for students who struggling and need additional learning support. This program does not appear to be aligned with any particular grade levels core standards. This is probably due to the large grade level bands this program is designed to service.
ACCESSIBILITY: Bias Free *(Choose One Statement)
· _X____This material is free from bias and can be used by all students regardless of gender, race or ethnicity, and is free from advertising, e-commerce or political interest, and is in compliance with the law and community standards.
· _____This series or title has material that may be loosely interpreted as bias or promoting a commercial or political agenda, or may be considered to treat some groups unfairly.
· _____This series or title has material that is clearly biased and favors a point of view that may be distracting to the educational experience of students.
ACCESSIBILITY: Adaptability *(Choose One Statement)
· _____Instructional materials in this resource are easily updated and adaptable for teacher and student use in individualized or group instructional settings, and are accessible for an appropriate time period to facilitate a proper learning environment for all students.
· __X___Instructional materials in this resource have some features which are adaptable and are available for an acceptable time period.
· _____Instructional materials in this resource are not adaptable or~easily incorporated into a variety of educational settings.
ACCESSIBILITY: Technical Standards *(Choose One Statement)
· __X___This curriculum meets the requirements of federal and state laws and accepted technical standards. Technical specifications and limitations, including hardware requirements, bandwidth demands, and software and web access restrictions are adequately described and noted, and allow for error free installation and use without purchase of additional components.
· _____This curriculum is limited by specifications that may require additional materials or technical assistance, or additional hardware, software, or infrastructure.
ACCESSIBILITY: Narrative *
Language! Live by Voyager Sopris is a bias free program. The instructional materials in this program are designed for students who are struggling with Language Arts skills. They do not appear to be designed for general education classroom implementation. Other than the online component that adapts to individual students learning levels, this curriculum does not provide ways to adapt the learning for individual student needs such as students identified as Gifted and Talented, English Language Learners, or students on an Individualized Education Plan. This program does require a 1:1 or 1:2 student to computer ration to be effective. Though the software is easy to navigate and log into through an internet browser.
PEDAGOGY: Physical Characteristics *(Choose One Statement)
· _____In physical terms, this resource is durable, interactive, and provides high quality audio-visual and tactile experiences for all users.
· _X____In physical terms, this resource is somewhat fragile in construction and provides limited tactile experiences for~students.
· _____In physical terms, this resource is designed to be disposable and temporary.
PEDAGOGY: Instructional Support *
· ___X__This curriculum provides adequate instructional support and clear requirements for the instructor.
· _____This curriculum does not provide adequate support for the instructor.
PEDAGOGY: Supplemental Resources *
· _____Provided materials reference numerous available supplemental resources.
· _____Provided materials reference some available supplemental resources.
· __X___Provided materials do not refer to other supplemental resources.
PEDAGOGY: Narrative *
Language! Live by Voyager Sopris Learning comes with teacher guides and consumable workbooks for each level. The workbooks and teacher guides seem to be generally durable though the workbooks would need to be replaced on a yearly basis. The teacher materials for the direct instruction portion of this lesson are generally scripted and give teachers clear instructions on what to do. Though they don’t give additional suggestions on how to accommodate for a variety of student learning needs. This curriculum includes professional development support for teachers through the publishing company.