CONTENT: Alignment *(Choose One Statement)
· __X__The content of this resource aligns with appropriate grade level Core standards, is current, well-researched, and referenced from reliable sources.
· _____The content of this resource aligns with most grade level core standards, but will need supplementary materials to insure coverage of all the objectives for this course.
· _____The content of this resource aligns with a few grade level core standards for a portion of the course.
· _____The content of this resource does not align with standards and objectives for this course.
CONTENT: Scaffolding *(Choose One Statement)
· __X__Scaffolding supports for these materials are complex and challenging, engage learners from various skill levels and provide assistance for all students to enhance conceptual understanding; and offer opportunities for students to share evidence and research.
· _____Scaffolding supports for these materials engage learners from various skill levels and provides assistance for students to enhance conceptual understanding.
· _____Scaffolding supports for these materials engage learners from various skill levels.
· _____Scaffolding supports for these materials do not engage learners from various skill levels or provide scaffolding to enhance conceptual understanding.
CONTENT: Navigation *(Choose One Statement)
· __X__This resource contains directions that are clear and understandable and are easy to navigate through.
· _____The instructions in this resource are unclear and navigation is difficult.
CONTENT: Narrative *
The content of this text is aligned with A.P. standards. The text introduces strategies and scaffolding that guides students toward deep reading of difficult texts. There is a focus on understanding key literary terms and analytical techniques. The design of the text is to help students with the needed skills for the AP Literature exam. The text also encourages discussion, close-reading, workshopping, and provides writing prompts for each thematic chapter.
ACCESSIBILITY: Bias Free *(Choose One Statement)
· __X__This material is free from bias and can be used by all students regardless of gender, race or ethnicity, and is free from advertising, e-commerce or political interest, and is in compliance with the law and community standards.
· _____This series or title has material that may be loosely interpreted as bias or promoting a commercial or political agenda, or may be considered to treat some groups unfairly.
· _____This series or title has material that is clearly biased and favors a point of view that may be distracting to the educational experience of students.
ACCESSIBILITY: Adaptability *(Choose One Statement)
· __X__Instructional materials in this resource are easily updated and adaptable for teacher and student use in individualized or group instructional settings, and are accessible for an appropriate time period to facilitate a proper learning environment for all students.
· _____Instructional materials in this resource have some features which are adaptable and are available for an acceptable time period.
· _____Instructional materials in this resource are not adaptable or easily incorporated into a variety of educational settings.
ACCESSIBILITY: Technical Standards *(Choose One Statement)
· __X__This curriculum meets the requirements of federal and state laws and accepted technical standards. Technical specifications and limitations, including hardware requirements, bandwidth demands, and software and web access restrictions are adequately described and noted, and allow for error free installation and use without purchase of additional components.
· _____This curriculum is limited by specifications that may require additional materials or technical assistance, or additional hardware, software, or infrastructure.
ACCESSIBILITY: Narrative *
This text is bias free and easy to use.
PEDAGOGY: Physical Characteristics *(Choose One Statement)
· __X __In physical terms, this resource is durable, interactive, and provides high quality audio-visual and tactile experiences for all users.
· _____In physical terms, this resource is somewhat fragile in construction and provides limited tactile experiences for students.
· ____In physical terms, this resource is designed to be disposable and temporary.
PEDAGOGY: Instructional Support *
· __X__This curriculum provides adequate instructional support and clear requirements for the instructor.
· _____This curriculum does not provide adequate support for the instructor.
PEDAGOGY: Supplemental Resources *
· __X _Provided materials reference numerous available supplemental resources.
· _____Provided materials reference some available supplemental resources.
· _____Provided materials do not refer to other supplemental resources.
PEDAGOGY: Narrative *
The text is hard-bound and will hold up to many years of use. The teacher’s edition provides substantial instructional support to guide student learning.
NOTICE: This item was originally classified as “Recommended Primary” but has been reclassified as “Recommended Limited” because a document from an independent reviewer that aligns content to core standards and objectives was not received.